Know Before You Go
As we continue our phased reopening of Thorn Hill Tap House (THTH), we are eager to welcome back our Guests and Team Members with safety and well-being of all at the forefront of all our planning efforts.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We, along with our Team Members, are all committed to a responsible reopening of THTH.
For Team Members and Guests, there are 6 key things to know before arriving at THTH, and they include:
- Limited entry – at the current time, outdoor patio can be used at full occupancy, however, indoor occupancy will be limited to 50%, with no seating available at the bar – we are not taking reservations; however, you can add your name to the waitlist by visiting Yelp Waitlist.
- No alcohol will be served after 11pm.
- Team Member temperature screenings prior to entry – Team Members will undergo temperature screening prior to entry. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional off-site location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed to work.
- Face coverings required for Guests and Team Members ages 4 and up – Guests and Team Members are required to wear face coverings at all times, except while dining. The use of face coverings should not be seen as a substitute for physical distancing. Guests must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering.
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced walkways, guest areas and physical barriers.
- Cashless Transactions – at this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options whenever possible during their visit to THTH, including debit cards, credit cards, THTH gift cards, etc.
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand sanitizers in key areas
Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure Guests and Team Members are aware of all these changes.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Team Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting THTH.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting THTH, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.
- Marc, Mindy and the staff of Thorn Hill Tap House
A legend from nearby.
A generation ago, people would admonish: “You better straighten up or you’ll end up at Thorn Hill!” Well, that was when the Thorn Hill work farm for delinquent boys was just down the road from here. Whether we see that as a simpler time or a more hard-scrabble age, there is a tradition of work and reward that we carry on today. So raise a glass…
Food Forward: fresh every day
We prepare and cook food here at THTH. Whenever possible finding fresh, local ingredients to execute our casual, family-friendly menu. Burgers are pressed fresh with our THTH signature blend of chuck, brisket and short rib make for a buttery and robust flavor. All chicken is cage- and hormone-free. Salads are made fresh, not from a bag, and our delicious bar food is not from a freezer, rather made here fresh every day.
Connected to Our Community
and to the World.
DINE TO DONATE
A portion of every sale goes to Make-A-Wish of Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia to provide support of Give Kids The World Village, an 84-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort in Central Florida. Children with critical illnesses and their families are treated to weeklong, cost-free vacations.
Takeout containers are compostable and fluorine-free, or bioplastics that are completely compostable.
LOCAL VENDORS AND REAL INGREDIENTS
Whenever possible, we source fresh, local ingredients to create our casual, family-friendly menu. Fresh food tastes better than frozen.